Fabian Buhl: Mit dem Gleitschirm vom Cerro Torre

Der deutsche Profikletterer realisiert wahrscheinlich den ersten Gleitschirmflug "by fair means" von dem weltberühmten Dreitausender.

Fabian Buhl: Mit dem Gleitschirm vom Cerro Torre
© Imago / Robert Harding

Zunächst konnte Fabian Buhl - zusammen mit Laura Tiefenthaler, Raphaela Haug und drei französischen Alpinisten - die "Ragni Route" in der Westwand des Cerro Torre (3128 m) "wiedereröffnen", wie es in einem Post von patagoniavertical heißt.

Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an

Yesterday morning, before the sun peeked over the horizon, and while most of us were asleep, @fabi_buhl pulled this off!! . Fabi is the first person to fly off the summit of Cerro Torre after climbing up it (more historic details later). Together with @laura_tiefenthaler and @raphaela.haug, they climbed the Ragni route, cleaning copious amounts of rime as they “re-opened” the route during the first ascent of the season. Working with a French team composed by Christoph, JB and Matthieu, they “opened” (cleaned) all but the last 15 meters of the final pitch. . Fabi chose to fly off very early in the morning so as to avoid thermal exchange winds. The take-off was not without excitement. As he took the first steps, he realized that one of the lines was tangled, but he knew that if he stopped, he would have a hard time recovering psyche to try again, so he kept running, hoping the line would untangle as he loaded the glider (it did not). After a 17 minute flight, he landed on the Torre Glacier, in the vicinity of the “nunatak”. He wished he would have stayed in the air longer, but his hands got quite cold (the freezing line was at 2000m). . Thirty one years ago, in 1988, Matthias and Michael Pinn climbed the Supercanaleta and flew off the summit of Cerro Fitz Roy. Four days later, together with Uwe Passler they climbed the Compressor route, again carrying their paragliders, but were unable to fly off the summit due to poor weather. A week later they hitchhiked a ride back to the summit in a helicopter, and all three flew off. In 1991, Roman Tschurtschenthaler also hitchhiked a ride to the summit in a helicopter, and flew off. . Huge congrats to Fabi, and kudos to the Pinn brothers, whose 1988 climb-and-fly of Cerro Fitz Roy, and vision, was well ahead of it’s time. . Fabi flew an @airdesignparagliders Susi 3 16m2 . #cerrotorre #paragliding #patagonia #climbandfly

Ein Beitrag geteilt von Patagonia Vertical - guidebook (@patagoniavertical) am

<p>Alles andere als ein "Lautsprecher": Fabian Buhl.</p>

Alles andere als ein "Lautsprecher": Fabian Buhl.

© Anton Brey

Damit aber noch nicht genug. Nach einer Biwaknacht wenig unterhalb des Gipfels hob der Allgäuer dann am folgenden Morgen bei Sonnenaufgang mit seinem Gleitschirm vom höchsten Punkt des Berges ab - und landete rund 17 Minuten später sicher auf einem Gletscher am Fuße des Torre. 

Damit gelang Buhl der wohl erste Gleitschirm-Flug von dem patagonischen Paradegipfel "by fair means". 

Denn anders als seine Vorgänger, die sich mit dem Hubschrauber auf über 3.000-Meter transportieren ließen, kletterte der 29-Jährige nicht nur bis zum Gipfel, sondern transportierte dabei seinen Gleitschirm auch selber mit. 

0 Kommentare

Kommentar schreiben